Common Expressions in American Sign Language, Vol. 2
A popular sequel as a 2nd volume where one will learn a new collection of almost over 125 common expressions, idioms, phrases and sentences in American Sign Language about everyday life, with open captions and audio! You will learn from Deaf and CODA ASL professors and will see every sentence with use of ASL grammar and sentence structures along with slow motions to learn successfully.
Here are some examples:
- I've been looking for the library, where is it?
- My friend told me you have a problem; what's up with that?
- No way!
- One minute, please.
- Please put it down.
- Show me the three cards.
- That's not true!
- What are you doing tonight?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Where are you learning sign?
- Would you please hold on, we're not done talking.
- You sign very well!
- Be careful driving.
- Did you see my vlog?
- Do you know that...
- Do you understand me?
- excuse me, pardon me, would you please excuse me...
- good luck
- Hurry up!
- I don't care.
- I got ice cream but I am not hungry, do you want some?
- I love you (applies to friendship and/or romance)
- I want to learn more ASL!
- Your clothes smell so bad. Have you washed them? Never?
- bear with me / be patient
- Did you email me?
- Do you have Facebook?
- Do you think your children should have flu shots?
- don't want, do not want
- Hold on, please.
- I am not stupid!
- I don't remember the teacher.
- I haven't seen you in a long time.
- I need to go home.
- I'll come back later.
- I'm sorry.
- Let's practice signing.
- nah (wave-no)
- Not yet.
- Please don't force me, I am really tired.
- Please write it down.
- Sorry! I overslept.
- Try not to drink and drive.
- What happened?
- What to do?
- Why did you leave school early today?
- You had detention? What happened?
- ...and way much more!
Also recommended for ASL students, interpreters, families, professionals and Deaf/Hard of Hearing community and ASL teachers - this comes with 2 separate DVD units totaling nearly two hours of learning experience.
This DVD comes with a bit over 120 common conversational sentences, idioms and phrases along shown in both American Sign Language (ASL) and English. You will see a trio of Deaf ASL professionals, with over 50 years of combined experience, teaching every sentence/idiom/phrase.
The DVD will take you through the cultures and rich part of the language being used everyday. These sentence examples will also teach every viewer how to recognize others using them; thus, bringing an ASL common daily conversations to its fullest. Don't miss this ASL education/treasure for generations to come.