New! Mental Health in American Sign Language, Vol. 6: Emotions & Receiving Care DVD + USB Set
Brand New DVD & USB Set for 2023
Sixth volume has launched! Everyday ASL University has released Mental Health in American Sign Language, Vol. 6: Emotions & Receiving Care advanced training covering a wide variety of topics and issues associated with mental health situations and needs among the Deaf and ASL Community.
Learn more from a Deaf ASL professor with diverse experience in mental health field on how to correctly and culturally communicate complex and sensitive issues and situations associated with mental health in ASL proficiently with advanced vocabulary, technical terms, phrases, ASL Classifiers and countless other 'hard-to-find' ASL features - covering the following topics:
- variations regarding dyslexia
- variety of being connected / disconnected
- variations on being introvert & extrovert
- spectrum on level of confidence
- new idiomatic expressions in ASL
- differentiating ASL expressions on various self-control issues
- new and tricky slang examples
- review and differentiating on signs describing verbal & mental abuses
- review and expressing various levels of frustrations accurately
- expressing various "repression" with clear examples to avoid confusion
- gender identity
- expressing various "intervention" with correct directionalities
- review covering support group
- review and differentiating of types of support including:
moral support vs. emotional support vs. financial support
- review on counseling and counselors
- master expressions of basic seating arrangements with ASL Classifiers
- differentiating social worker and mental health social worker
- review of professional qualifications, from novice to experienced
- and many more with full sentence examples aided with visual aids
Additionally, each viewer will also learn how to avoid dangerous errors, misinterpretations and misunderstandings related to mental health.
Benefits from this set are:
- Continue to learn much more new Mental Health categories showing you how to express and understand advanced ASL via complex words, phrases, sentences and expressions with helpful examples & discussions
- Learn from Deaf Coda teacher with experience in mental health situations
- Excellent for training courses and self-study plans
- First time ever: you will get both DVD and USB for ease of use
- Designed for interpreters, families, teachers, students and more
- Optimized for ASL interpreting performance tests, ASL evaluation tests, ASL Proficiency Interviews (ASLPI / SCPI) etc.
- Easy-to-follow Bilingual training with video aids
- Countless hard-to-find ASL signs seen and used in Deaf Community
Like with most of our training videos, this film will have no audio for training purposes and some with open captions for convenient learning experience. All DVDs and USBs will be in eco-friendly CD sleeves WITHOUT Amaray DVD cases to help customers save money. Each disc are clearly labeled for your convenience. Color and style of USB sticks may vary to ensure highest quality to you. The pictures shown above are for illustration only and are not printed on any DVDs. Ships free to continental U.S.
This is a brand new set and are in high demand. Please be patient as tracking information will be provided after product ships within 2-3 weeks. Thank you.