New! Mental Health in American Sign Language, Vol. 8: Eating Disorders & Body Image, Part 1 DVD + USB Set
In Part 1 of DVD & USB set "Mental Health in American Sign Language, Vol. 8: Eating Disorders & Body Image," viewers will delve into the fundamental aspects of eating disorders and body image concerns.
This installment provides a comprehensive understanding of various eating disorders, such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder, including their signs, symptoms, and emotional and physical consequences. The set also explores key concepts such as body checking, body dysmorphic disorder, and body image, shedding light on their intricate nature and the impact they have on mental well-being. Additionally, important topics like self-worth, social comparison, weight stigma, fatphobia, the thin ideal, perfectionism, diet culture, and fat-shaming are addressed, providing insights into their harmful effects on individuals' mental health and strategies to combat them. Through this informative resource, taught by the esteemed Deaf Heritage Professor, viewers will gain essential knowledge to support themselves and others within the Deaf and ASL community facing eating disorders and body image challenges.
Additionally, each viewer will also learn how to avoid dangerous errors, misinterpretations and misunderstandings related to mental health.
Benefits from this set are:
- Continue to learn much more new and advanced Mental Health categories showing you how to express and understand advanced ASL via complex words, phrases, sentences and expressions with helpful examples & discussions
- Learn from Deaf Coda Heritage Professor with experience in mental health situations
- Excellent for training courses and self-study plans
- First time ever: you will get both DVD and USB for ease of use
- Designed for interpreters, families, teachers, students and more
- Optimized for ASL interpreting performance tests, ASL evaluation tests, ASL Proficiency Interviews (ASLPI / SCPI) etc.
- Easy-to-follow Bilingual training with video aids
- Countless hard-to-find ASL signs seen and used in Deaf Community
Like with most of our training videos, this film will have no audio for training purposes and some with open captions for convenient learning experience. All DVDs and USBs will be in eco-friendly CD sleeves WITHOUT Amaray DVD cases to help customers save money. Each disc are clearly labeled for your convenience. Color and style of USB sticks may vary to ensure highest quality to you. The pictures shown above are for illustration only and are not printed on any DVDs. Ships free to continental U.S.
This is a brand new set and are in high demand. Please be patient as tracking information will be provided after product ships within 2-3 weeks. Thank you.