New! Insults & Offensive Comments in American Sign Language, Vol. 1 DVD + USB Set
Insults and offensive comments unfortunately exist in many social environments, and it's important for individuals within the Deaf and ASL community to be aware of them in order to navigate social situations effectively. This awareness is crucial for families, interpreters, teachers, and professionals who work with or are part of the Deaf and ASL community, as understanding and signing these comments can help mitigate misunderstandings and promote a respectful environment. Insults and offensive comments may be encountered at schools, colleges, social events, family gatherings, work environments, social media, sporting events, and numerous other settings.
Our film, "Insults & Offensive Comments in American Sign Language, Vol. 1: Physical Appearance & Hygiene," explores over 100 commonly used but hard-to-find insults and offensive comments related to physical appearance and hygiene. The volume is a useful resource for those who want to deepen their understanding of these kinds of comments and learn how to respond appropriately to them in a variety of settings.
These include personal attacks, verbal abuses, derogatory remarks, and culturally insensitive expressions, among others. The film is designed to educate viewers on how to both recognize and express these comments in ASL, without any censorship, in order to foster a comprehensive understanding of their impact and meaning within the Deaf and ASL Community. By being aware of these expressions, individuals can better advocate for themselves and others, while promoting a more inclusive and respectful environment.
This film is intended for mature audiences.
Benefits from this set are:
- Learn how to express and understand various insults and offensive comments in ASL related to physical appearances and hygiene within different situations along with helpful examples
- Learn from Deaf Heritage Signers / Teachers
- Excellent for training courses and self-study plans
- First time ever: you will get both DVD and USB for ease of use
- Designed for interpreters, families, teachers, students and more
- Optimized for ASL interpreting performance tests, ASL evaluation tests, ASL Proficiency Interviews (ASLPI / SCPI) etc.
- Easy-to-follow Bilingual training with video aids
- Countless hard-to-find ASL signs seen and used in Deaf Community
Like with most of our training videos, this film will have no audio for training purposes and some with open captions for convenient learning experience. All DVDs and USBs will be in eco-friendly CD sleeves WITHOUT Amaray DVD cases to help customers save money. Each disc are clearly labeled for your convenience. Color and style of USB sticks may vary to ensure highest quality to you. The pictures shown above are for illustration only and are not printed on any DVDs. Ships free to continental U.S.
This is a brand new set and are in high demand. Please be patient as tracking information will be provided after product ships within 3 weeks. Thank you.